Take a look at some charming photos of Dalmatia in bloom by our favourite photographer Boris Kačan. Plus read few interesting facts about April 22nd and few useful tips on saving our planet.
April 22nd is the International Mother Earth Day, an annual event that promotes awareness of environmental problems. It was celebrated for the first time in 1970. Climate change and man-made changes cause problems such as extreme heat, wildfires and floods that affect millions of people. On every Earth Day there is a central theme regarding protection of our planet. This year the theme is Invest in Our Planet divided into five primary programs:
The Great Global Cleanup, Sustainable Fashion, Climate and Environmental Literacy, Canopy Project, Food and Environment and the Global Earth Challenge.
How to save nature little by little with few practical tips:
- Recycle and reuse objects and clothing. Do not buy new stuff without thinking over but when you do, buy stuff that lasts.
- Plant a tree. Trees clean the air that we breathe by producing oxygen and reducing carbon dioxide, they provide shelter and food for animals, they give us fruits and best shade in the summer…
- Turn off lights and other appliances when not in use, such as computers. Conserve energy by using only what you need.
- Save water by turning off the faucet while you’re brushing your teeth, take shorter time for showering, mend a dripping faucet… Remember that drinkable water is a limited resource!
- Pick up trash whenever possible and do not throw garbage around.
- Do not waste food. Do not pile your plate or cook exceedingly, prepare just the amount you can eat.
- Share your knowledge with friends and family.
On our Blog&Tips you can find more interesting stories about Dalmatia especially those regarding Sibenik and its county.